Tuesday, January 23, 2007

MINI-JUNGLE CHORES DONE

Saturday, Hilary Clinton announced her candidacy for President of the United States...I think she will win! It is about time for America to have a woman president. Other countries have had their share of women as presidents. The Philippines already had two.
The last two days, I had been working in my mini-jungle. Finally today I was able to finish trimming the trees that were affected by the cold onslaught. Today the weather was very pleasant, the sun was bright and shining but also cool enough to gather some sweats. We have been eating some cherimoya and still have a dozen more on the tree. I had to cut most of the guava trees branches and hoping that by springtime it will bushy again. I am trying to make them grow lower. I am not expecting abundant fruits from them but that is alright...we always have plenty of fruits and most of them end up as candied and dried, then go to the freezer...for later use as for my chutney preserves.
Kai will be here tomorrow! Macadamia nuts, his favorite nuts are on hand. Umma said while we are having our dinner that she will prepare some oatmeal for him and cherimoya later. I am not sure what to prepare for him for lunch yet.
This is all I am going to blog here tonight. I am going back to some of the "UMPHA TELL ME YOUR MEMORIES" to edit and add some more items that just came to mind this weekend.
For some reason "Publish Post" has an error and can't publish the blog. I will just save this as "Draft' and will try again. They must had been doing some maintenance.
I am trying again to publish this blog....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home