Tuesday, January 17, 2006

STILL CHRISTMAS ON HIS MIND

What happen to the tree...? Umpha!
As soon after Kai had said goodbye to Tisha, he got into the colored pencils and asked me to draw a snowman, Santa Claus, Christmas tree with lights, a star and reindeer. He will still ask where are those creatures, and we have had to tell him that they went home to the North Pole. The Christmas tree went to the garbage truck. So, part of the early morning we ended drawing fish, shrimps, crabs and a lobster. After his last request of a dinosaur we had his breakfast. He only conceded to come with me in the kitchen when I told him that he needed to help me stir the chocolate milk. He likes doing that and he does not spill it. Afterwards he started spooning the milk to himself.
Bad Dog!
Umma went to her early aerobics and when she came back she noticed that the legs of the toy turtle has been chewed by Nalie. She showed it to Kai. Umma had a good laugh when Kai said aloud, "Bad dog." Earlier, Kai picked up the other half of a plastic Easter egg and showed it to me. This is where he keeps him M & Ms. His little finger was poking through a hole. He asked me, "Umpha what happen?" I told him that, "Bad dog ate it!" He remembers when the turtle was shown to him and Umma told him that Nalie ate it...and repeated the phrase right away.
Ouch! Put Medicine!
I had a fire going on in the fireplace this morning. It was a bit chilly the night before. We did not venture outside at all today...He did with Umma after she came back from aerobics. Since before Christmas I had been lightning the fire place which Kai enjoys very much. He just loves to watch it. He knows that it is "fire" and it is "hot." I played a joke on him pretending to catch the glowing fire in my hands..."No...no...no...Umpha you ouch." He then grabbed my hands and started giving them a few kisses. "Now it's better, no more ouch!" I had a cut in my index finger from one of my plant leaves. I put some Neosporin and a band aid on it. I didn't want it to get wet either, so I put on a rubber finger cot. He noticed that and asked me what happen...When I told him that I have an "ouch" there, he immediately wanted to "open," meaning removing the cot and the bandage..."Put medicine!" Whenever he get little scratches, bug bites etc. I always tell him that I will put medicine so it will be better. This is one situation that tops the saying; "imitation is the best compliment!"
I see you Umpha!
Since his head is tall enough to see above the dresser now, he can reach anything there that catches his fancy. Yesterday, he noticed the small flashlights and he wanted them. There was a small purple one that he said is Kai-Kai flashlight and he gave me the bigger one..."Umpha flashlight." I asked him to go with me in the bathroom and close the door...told him it's dark here. We ended up flashing the light at each other and this was a real treat for him. Today, it was the same thing as he remember that it was fun for him.
Catfish Nuggets...Huh good!
We had catfish nuggets for lunch today. I had some in sour-miso soup and crisp fried the rest. We are not expecting him to join us because he had eaten quite a bit of everything that was put in his mouth from his breakfast time to the time they came back from the park. He however did join us...When i asked him if he likes to eat fish, he said..."Yes." I fed him a small piece initially...reaction? "Huh good."
He ate the small pieces I put on his plate by himself. In between I will give him some rice and a sip of my juice. He had his share of catfish today and I gave him some light meringue cookie for dessert. Back to the TV room and we watched "Tom and Jerry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home