Thursday, March 01, 2007

LET ME DO IT...!

Kai's at the stage where he wants to be useful! I was peeling a cucumber for lunch, he watched me doing it and then blurted out; "let me cook it for you" "let me help." I had to explain to him that the cucumber does not need cooking.
Every time they come back from the park...he asks his Umma for the key to the door. He would like to put the key in the keyhole and he would like to open the door by himself. I do hope that he will be doing that when he is old enough to do things by himself. He is very keen of cooking...will he be cooking like Umpha too?
The rain that visited us the last few days made the ground to welcome all kinds of bugs and worms. When they came back from the park, he was excited to show me that he caught three rolly-pollies. They were placed in a small plastic sauce container. At one time he spilled them and was having a hard time trying to find them. He came to me and asked for a flashlight. When I asked him why he needed a flashlight..."I have to find my rolly-polly." He found two of them and was not happy about it. To appease him, I went outside, upturned the flower pots to look for some bugs, I did not find any rolly-polly, instead three black bugs and three worms. This made him happy and he quit complaining that he lost his previous finds. I used to be squimish picking up bugs and worms. Now, I am doing it because of Kai.
The computer was on the blink for one day and I asked Tisha to see what is wrong. She spent most of the morning trying to restore my Internet connection. She found out that I might had clicked on "do not allow" which affected the Internet function and it was "blocked."During this time Kai was in the bedroom with Umma watching "Little Einsteins." When he saw his Mommie, "you come back!" He thought his mother was gone and came back and it was time for him to go home. He was almost ready to gather his cars, but was told that it was not time yet. Mommie will go shopping first. He was happy that he was not going home yet. So, we had our routine. We just play around, laid down to watch "Tom and Jerry," ate some Oreo...we had different Oreo. It came in small packages with two compartments. One for the cookies, which are "sticks" and the other compartment is for the cream. You have to dip the cookie stick in the cream before eating them. He likes that. He finished two packages by the time Tisha came back from shopping and it was time to go home...no problem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home