Friday, January 20, 2006

HE IS GETTING THERE

Good news from Umma when they arrived from the park. Kai played with a boy his age today. Umma was telling me that the two of them were climbing the slides together, playing with the sand and running all over the place. Kai just called him "boy." Whenever he wanted the boy, he would say, "come on boy." Of course the boy has a name, but who cares? For Kai that boy is a "boy." Everyday before they leave the house he will run up to me and will say, "Bye Umpha...see you later." When they come home..."anybody home?" is what you can hear from him. He will come and look for me, and as always will be running towards me, wedging himself between my leg, hugging me, then start talking in his funny way of expressing himself. I asked him what he did in the park. He said ..."the boy is coming." I guess this is the way he was trying to tell me that there was a boy there with him in the park. I am glad that he is starting to get sociable now. He will need this skill before going to preschool.
The afternoon was a bit chilly so we just stayed mostly inside. He wanted to cross the street when he noticed Joe was there still fixing his car. He just said "Hi" to Joe and proceeded to go in the house straight to the back door to see the rabbit. We drew some and cut some snowflakes on the computer. Dr. John Conrad sent me a site: http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/ where you can cut your own snowflakes, submit it and save with your name on it. I always register the flakes in his name. He loves watching me cutting the snowflakes. As they are getting ready to go home, he stopped to show his Mom the patterns of the rug in the hallway. There are circle patterns that he must have associated with the snowflakes. He told his Mommie..."snowflakes." Isn't it something? I can't believe that he will associate the circle with designs as such.
Won't see him til Monday... with Kai, you never know what will be next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home