Friday, February 03, 2006

HERE COMES....MICKEY!

ON TO DISNEYLAND
This will be the first long trip for Kai this weekend. Tisha and Mike will bring him to Disneyland. Tisha has been giving him the hype about Disneyland. Here, the last two weeks Kai and I download in the computer all sites related to the amusement park. Umma cuts from the newspaper and magazines every advertisements of Disneyland. I think he knows the Castle even with his eyes are closed. When I say, "Here comes...." Kai will follow ..."Mic--keey." It is so cute the way he says it and I wish that I can emulate that on the keyboard. There will be some big stories when they come back. They are going to stay there til Monday morning, so we won't see Kai til Tuesday.
Over the almost three years he has come here, Kai has undergone many changes...(not only his diapers)...I was looking at his early pictures which Tisha put it in betwen the frogs for my monitor wallpaper (screensaver); his hair, his looks, and how he had grown since. But one thing is constant, and that is his "ram-boy" character. He is very sure of his every step toward being a boy. I hope that as he grows, they will be better as each year comes by, be finer with his attempts, grander with each gesture. We don't know exactly when he's going to stun us again, but I bet the next time it happens he'll be ready to release the dragon's breath to consume everyone with awe.
There was a news from Hong Kong about Disneyland...
Angry families stormed fences at Hong Kong Disneyland and tossed their children over the gates Thursday, after the theme park sold out for an eighth consecutive day. The uproar outside Disney's theme park followed similar chaos on Wednesday when hundreds of disgruntled visitors, many having made the trip from mainland China, were furious that their Lunar vacation to Hong Kong was ruined. Poor people! I am sure that this will not happen in Anahiem
He is really becoming curious about everything and really knows a lot of thing for his age. I guess because he is very observant to all what is happening in his surroundings. Today, he found my big ball hammer and he told me, "Umpha big hammer." I let him handle my smaller hammer before and here he is comparing that to the big one. As always when he see me in the kitchen, he would like to be up on the counter to watch what I am doing. This morning, I was making my second cup of morning coffee. He was up there and the way it looked, he was supervising me. "Umpha, put sugar, Umpha, put cream." I let him stir it, telling him "be careful it is hot!" For him anything that is smoking is hot. But what got me to be amazed was when he pointed to the bottle of honey. "Umpha, put honey." I haven't introduced him nor have given him any honey. How did he know that's honey...I have to ask Tisha about it. I only use the honey in the evening when I make myself some tea.
He is getting very attached to Umma. I guess because she is the one that goes with him in the park everyday. Whenever, here in the house he does not see Umma for a while he will ask me where Umma is. If I tell him to look for her, he will run as usual from one room to another to find her..."There you are!" But if the bedroom door is closed he will come back to me and will say, "Umma sleep."
We don't watch too much TV, except "Tom and Jerry," "Dora" sometimes but he prefers "Diego," "Sponge Bob Square Pants," and Super-dog," He does not want anything from PBS. You will hear a big...NO...NO...NO! Not that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home